S12 Solutions is a tech start-up based in Bath and we’re looking for a Full Stack Developer / Tech Lead (‘FSD/TL’) to join our team. The S12 Solutions product is an online platform, developed by a mental health professional, which makes Mental Health Act assessment and claim form processes quicker and simpler, while capturing data and providing reporting about assessments and their outcomes.
The FSD/TL will be committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and quality work. They will support the existing platform’s development, working across web, mobile and back-end APIs to ensure the platform’s continued smooth, robust operation, in addition to collaborating, with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure, to develop new, easy to maintain features and enhancements across the set of applications.
A Minimum Viable Product was piloted in 2018 and the next iteration of the platform is currently in development; the FSD/TL will be responsible for development, as well as managing the current project, with support from S12 Solutions’ Managing Director. Core responsibilities include:
- Developing new web user-facing features using React.js
- Developing new mobile user-facing features using React Native on iOS and Android
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimising components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Developing robust back-end APIs in Node.js that are capable of scaling to meet high demand
- Taking responsibility for managing the current project to completion, representing S12 Solutions and supporting the development team
- Quality assurance
- A proactive person who is willing to take ownership of product development, the current project, and managing the backlog
- Able to pick up information quickly
- Tech leadership
- Business analysis
- Project management
- Experience of serverless frameworks and Twilio
- Bath or Bristol, office and home-based working
- Permanent, full time
- £45-70k depending on experience + pension, death in service, 25 days’ holiday and private health insurance
- Reporting to the Operations Director
If you have the right skills and experience for this role we’d love to hear from you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.